Resources for your backyard
This is a partner program accessible to all landowners.
These fact sheets can help you identify some of the common trouble species in the region and provide tips and recommendations on how to control them.
A comprehensive list of all native and invasive plants in the Portland area.
TCWC can help you remove invasive plants, reduce erosion, and plant native trees and shrubs if you live near a creek or green space such as a park.
How the Restoration Mentor Program Works
- Contact us for a site consultation
- TCWC Coordinator or a trained volunteer will visit your site and discuss your goals and ideas that would be beneficial to the watershed
- A restoration plan will be developed with leadership by site mentor.
- Upon approval by landowner and TCWC coordinator, implementation steps are planned
- The mentor helps the owner acquire resources, solve problems, and complete the project. When the site qualifies, free native plants and materials may be available.
- For larger projects, we typically look for several neighbors to work together to make the project have more impact and for a match (on a sliding scale basis) from owners in labor, materials, or funds.
Larger projects may be eligible for one of several grant programs, including the OWEB small grant program. Please read the description of the OWEB small grant program to learn more.